Update: New Strip Resort, Mayan Theme, Details and First Rendering

New Themed Resort

Official Announcement Regarding The New Mayan Themed Destination Resort Coming…

Update 7/10: Received update from Mr. L that the London-based investor has backed out, due to not being able to acquire the second piece of land that was necessary for expansion. Mr. L has high hopes…and we wish him the best.

Update: 4/19 - Received word from Mr. L that the official announcement has been postponed until all contracts are finalized.

Last week we revealed a new themed strip resort that is coming to the strip. This week, we can tell you a bit more. It’s a Mayan-themed resort. Our source, Mr. L, has been working on this project for several years.

A group responsible for designing one of the most innovative destination resorts in the world is about to announce its arrival upon the Las Vegas Strip after having spent nearly three years transforming this unique concept into a viable project. It’s to begin a bit smaller, with the potential to expand over time.

The project is expected to be announced sometime later in the week regarding the name of the resort and its location, along with a list of the development’s partners. However, at this time, it can be revealed that the project will be located near the North Strip and will also include three phases, with the first phase consisting of only one 38-story hotel housing a 76,500 square foot casino. Those involved in the development of the project include a very well-known gaming operator, along with two major investment firms providing the requisite funding, with all having been instrumental in acquiring the most suitable property. The project is to be funded by the two major investment groups just mentioned; one based in London, while the other is a prominent investment group from the UAE.

A reasonable timeline has been established regarding the other two phases of the project being brought online, only to commence if room demand were to exceed supply.

New Mayan Themed Resort

This particular rendering (above) is a previous version specifically created for the initial property, which also included a phase 3, (comprising of the three Mayan pyramid-looking hotels in the foreground). The final project has many of the same elements, only with a slight realignment being required so as to incorporate them into the smaller, more suitable piece of real estate. This was an early rendering, actual location not depicted above. Final location/renderings are coming next week.

This new resort is expected to position itself amongst the other great ‘Wonders of the World’ along the Strip with specifics regarding the project, its operators and funding details (as well as a final rendering) to be revealed later this week.

New Mayan Themed Resort

Pictured above are two of the architectural models that served as ‘inspiration’ for the designs found in the soon to be revealed Mayan ‘Themed’ resort. Chichen Itza is considered a true Wonder of the World.

While the resort’s architecture harkens back to the age of an enlightened people, it impresses with its own truly extraordinary contemporary design, somehow fusing the two contrasting universes into one. For Mr. L, the rationale for bringing this highly themed destination resort to Las Vegas is simple, fascination!

Millions travel around the world to explore many of the ancient ruins in Egypt, Israel, Iraq, Belize, and Mexico to learn the history of ancient civilizations. But, prior to the Luxor Hotel (and other incarnations dotting the Strip), many knew very little about them, other than what they had learned in history class. – Mr. L

This new resort (designed by the same illustrator responsible for the ‘original’ Sinai Luxor) has the very same aspirations for his new project–not simply to educate, amuse and entertain the masses–but provide guests with an experience they will never forget.

“Where else can one say they have stayed in a Mayan-inspired hotel while enjoying a state-of-the-art water park designed to appear like you are making your way through a Mayan rainforest? Only in Las Vegas!” -Mr. L

More details will be provided during their announcement next week.

[Cover Image: Michael Movestro with image furnished by Mr. L | Rendering: Furnished by Mr. L | Chichen Itza: UNESCO]

About the Author

Michael Movestro
Michael Movestro founded Vegas Bright to continue the tradition when Vegas Chatter cashed out. Michael pays the bills, maintains the site, writes articles, hosts the podcast.

24 Comments on "Update: New Strip Resort, Mayan Theme, Details and First Rendering"

1. Chris Candor | April 11, 2016 at 7:42 am |

Wow I must say – I am stoked.
    I do enjoy the modern “chique” hotels like Aria and Cosmo, but the one thing that really keeps calling me to Vegas are places like Luxor (more so before the de-theming), Venetian, NYNY and so on.
    Can’t wait for the reveal of the exact location, the opening date(s) the name and what more they have planned. I hope this project will be realized, because I certainly will stay there at one point.

Cheers to the themes!
    (now please someone bring back the Star Trek Experience and build a German themed resort)

2. helloitsme | April 11, 2016 at 8:34 am |

Rendering looks like its at the MGM owned south west corner of Sahara and LVB,

3. @morenoapa | April 11, 2016 at 8:43 am |

Of the many possible themes this is the least appropriate. Mayan, Aztec or pre-Columbian cultures in general are not in the top-of-mind awareness of the American mass market. A Hawaiian or Polynesian theme would have been perfect and unprecedented in Las vegas. If this project is done, it will need a big marketing effort to sell it. A missed opportunity.

I am not excited with this project. It looks another Vegas dream.

• brassbonanza | April 13, 2016 at 9:12 am |

Polynesia is the theme of Mirage. I’m not sure another beachy, tropical place is what Las Vegas needs. There’s plenty of that experience already. At least this is anew idea.

4. Wow cant wait to hear more

5. David Maldonado | April 11, 2016 at 9:08 am |

Wow talk about out of left field!…Not my first choice but I’m supper excited about this project. Its different, unique, and looks like it will be a lot of fun if its done right with flawless replicas and a real Rain Forrest. With the Great wall of China about to go up, I think this is what everyone was talking about and wanted for many years in Vegas. I would also like to see a German/Oktoberfest themed resort pop up as well

6. BigAZMarty | April 11, 2016 at 9:17 am |

Wait isn’t there one already there at least the pool area? Cancun Resort on waaaay south strip sorta around Silverton area.

7. Come on Vegas Bright! You should have a least mentioned in your article that there is little to no chance of this happening. You were so much better than Chatter for a while. Bummer.

8. Personally, I LOVE themed resorts. They’re a huge part of what makes Vegas a unique “destination” vacation experience. So, I’m pretty jazzed about this news. I even like the Mayan theme (talk about unique). I hope this project come to fruition.

9. They should get Justin Bieber for the grand opening! Maybe he can banned from Vegas? :-) All joking aside, this looks a great and exciting project. It is the themed casinos that keep me coming back.

10. They should get Justin Beiber for the grand opening. He can moon everyone and get banned from Vegas! All joking aside, I love themed resorts as well and hope this project goes through. It is the themed resorts that keep me coming back to Vegas and not City Center.

11. I love this idea. Hope it does get built. I would love to stay there. Where else in the world can you go and visit all these unique hotel’s all in one vacation. Themed resorts was what drew me in to Las Vegas in the first place.

12. Anthony Lawrence | April 11, 2016 at 12:22 pm |

Whats the name of the new resort being built? Justin World? or “The B”? LOL Kidding..Stop turning Vegas into a one stop vacation world..”HUMM HON.. where should we go on Vacation? Mexico, Israel,….No lets go to VEGAS..They have Acapulco there!” NO VISA’s YEA!!!!!!!
    I’m good with what Vegas has. Ǡlon & Resort World.. Okay.

13. I am not against themed resorts, but some people are. however, some of them may appeal to me while some don’t. and that is ok, we have many choices in Vegas. the worst case that I can think of was the Boardwalk on the south end of the strip. it has HIDEOUS!! oh that creepy looking clown. but I am sure it appealed to many for a long time.

14. Anthony Lawrence | April 11, 2016 at 2:44 pm |

OMG! the BOARDWALK…LOL..I remember that place..I was such a Vegas virgin then I asked them how much to ride the fake roller-coaster. What a horrible place. I remember the enterance..Sad..Thank god for “The Park”..errr Monte Carlo

15. I will believe it when I see it……

16. I hope this project happens thanks vegas bright for the update

17. Reminds me of the fictional Calypso Casino in the videogame Rainbow Six Vegas

18. jackie franklin | April 14, 2016 at 7:48 am |

Why do folks this this will come to fruition any more than the other hotels at the North Strip?

19. shenanigans | April 20, 2016 at 1:50 pm |

So a major international gaming company has STILL yet to start building its Chinese-themed Resorts World, yet this, featuring only unnamed “investors” from Dubai and London, is going to happen? Ha ha ha. I think not.

Comments are closed.