First, we’d like to thank you for your interest in writing with us here at Vegas Bright! We are a community of Las Vegas lovers and enthusiasts who write about all things Vegas on a volunteer basis. If your dream job is to be a Vegas blogger, we can’t make this your “job”, but we’d be happy to help launch your dream. As it is a volunteer gig, we do not have any harsh demands on your time (like a job might.) Ideally, we’d LOVE an article a week, but we’d appreciate the minimum of at least two articles a month.
That being said here are our simple guidelines, put as bluntly as possible.
- Any function you perform here is voluntary. We are all volunteers here, from the top of the totem pole to the bottom.
- As it is a volunteer gig, we do not have any harsh demands on your time (like a job might.)
- Ideally, we’d LOVE an article a week, but we’d appreciate the minimum of at least two articles a month.
- Opinion is good, but stay away from the heavy stuff (religion, politics, bashing of gender, race, sexual orientation, creed and etc.) Those topics tend to start the most wars on the internet and around the world. We want to keep things light and fun here at Vegas Bright as it is about VEGAS, after all, =)
- If we do plan to monetize, funds would cover the hosting, software licenses, domains and other website maintenance costs. Prices are steep.
- For the love of humanity, please do not take vertical pictures/video. Roughly 85% of our readers use computers/laptops, they have landscape screens (left to right), not portrait (vertical). As of August 1st, 2016 any article submitted with only vertical pictures will not be published. It’s ok if there’s a few included if necessary, (like the Golden Gate sign, or a tall object/structure like a drink or building), but a meal is not something that should be in a vertical picture. Or a hotel room, or a pool. Mostly anything. Seriously.
Occasionally–not always–we get media invites to attend a venue opening or show. If you’re in Vegas on the date of the event, we may ask you to attend on our behalf ahead of time. If you do attend, we’ll need you to write an article about your experience, and please take (horizontal) pictures :) These opportunities are based on two availabilities:
a) Your availability: If you have plans, we don’t want to step on them. If you’re able to make it and agree to go, that’s great! It’s no cost to you (except for tipping your waitress/waiter/valet). If you agree to attend a function on our behalf, please commit to it. Not showing up would make us look bad, so please contact us if something comes up so we can communicate with the venue.
b) Our availability: If we have anything to offer when you’re in Vegas. Sometimes we may, sometimes we won’t. It’s about timing, and never personal.
If all of this sounds good to you, please contact us and let us know you’d like to be an author here at Vegas Bright, we’d love to have you with us :)